At CDIRF, we believe in being entirely transparent and up front with you whilst protecting the anonymity of volunteers and residents. We have set up this page to keep you up to date..
1. All of the protections that we offer to our members and those that contact us will continue to apply. We will have to make some emergency tweaks as follows but we hope that they meet with your approval. Anything more contraversial will need to be put to members vote.
2. If you want a vote, please contact us to register either by completing our contact form, by telephoning, or Emailing. It would also be nice to have your company on our chat forum too - that's where votes take place. Membership is entirely free and always will be (there will be a small mileage and rental cost for collecting groceries and other essentials though but this will be cheaper than a taxi).
3. Please provide your address but not your name or other personally identifiable information when asking for a registration letter. We provide a Unique Registration Code - this is unique to you and must be kept confidential. We use usernames instead of your name on the forum chat site and you are encouraged not to use your real name or other identifiable information in your username.
4. Registering on the www.croydondrive.org.uk editorial section requires a separate account from the chat site at www.croydondrive.org.uk/forum - this is just a limitation of our systems - you can register with the same username and password though - sorry about this.
5. If you need help registering, please call us (number above), Email us, complete our contact form and also watch our Youtube videos available from the main www.croydondrive.org.uk by clicking "Back to Main Website" in the purple menu area above.
Tweaks to Our Usual Operation:
5. We will need to take your full name and address for the purposes of the Emergency Community Shopping Scheme, we will also need to see some proof of identity but we won't keep copies of your identity documents or take away originals - they will be returned straight away to you.
6. We will need you to sign paperwork to cover us including dealing with money provided to us for your shopping and change and also confirming that you will not hold us legally responsible. These records will need to be kept by us on an ongoing basis. They will not be shared with Avro Hollows' TMO, Northwards' Housing or Manchester City Council.
7. This covers us and you in terms of taking money from you to do your shopping if all other avenues of online shopping and support from friends, family and Social Services fail. By also ensuring that we have paperwork, there can be no confusion over what money you gave us and your change owed. We will also keep a copy of your receipts on file and you will need to sign to confirm that you have received your change before we can hand over deliveries. We will also prefer Paypal or bank transfer payments for record keeping. There is more information about the Emergency Community Shopping Scheme above.
9. The only time your name and address will be passed on is when you provide it, either directly to Linda Brokenshire, Estate Manager at Avro Hollows' TMO or when you complete our contact form to alert Avro Hollows' TMO (as you need to if you have symptoms so that Contractors can be alerted). This will also be shared by Linda with Northwards' Housing and, if appropriate, Manchester City Council.
10. No forum chat activity is reported to Avro Hollows' TMO, Northwards' Housing or Manchester City Council as usual - so rest assured, you can chat with confidence!
11. Although we have a steadfast rule, by vote, that anyone linked to Avro Hollows' TMO, Northwards' Housing and Manchester City Council cannot join the forum unless they have not been involved for 5 years (volunteers, staff, board members etc) and this will continue to be the case, we are not going to be uncompassionate and refuse help from the Emergency Community Shopping Scheme or emotional support if they are affected by the Corona Virus by telephone or Email.
12. This does not and will never be allowed to compromise your privacy and it is the right thing to do in an emergency like this so we hope you understand and also recognise that it won't make any difference to you.
13. We will need to update this as time goes on (as with all of the corona virus pages), there will be more to add as we correspond with Avro Hollows' TMO about the Corona Advice and offering the best possible support to all residents, member or not, ineligible for the chat forum or our editorial section or not.